1. Name and Last Name: Serdar Beji
2. Date and Place of Birth: 31.12.1960, Kırklareli-Turkey
3. Marital Status: Married with two children
4. Present Employement: Istanbul Technical University
5. Contact Address: I.T.U., Faculty of Naval Arch. and Ocean Engng. Maslak 34469, Istanbul – Turkey
6. Degree: Ph.D. in Ocean Engineering, University of Rhode Island, USA
7. Academic Affiliations: Professor (1999), Assoc. Prof. (1993), Assist. Prof. (1992)
The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey 1999 incentive award in engineering.
Prize for Excellent Paper 1995 (Japan Society of Civil Engineers).
9. Editorial Board Memberships
Ocean Engineering: OE Editorial Board
Advances in Pure Mathematics: APM Editorial Board
10. Academic & Industrial Experiences
Working at Istanbul Technical University in Faculty of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering since 1992 as faculty member. Vice Dean between 1998-2000. University Senate Member between 2005-2007 and 2008-2011. Head of Shipbuilding and Ocean Engineering Division between 2013-2014. Program coordinator of Offshore Engineering Graduate Program since 2015. Participated in the Erasmus Mundus EMSHIP program in 2012, 2013, and 2015 to teach at Université de Liège, Belgium as invited scholar.
Between 1995 and 1998 received short-term visit grants from Tokyo Institute of Technology (T.I.T.) as visiting researcher. Received scholarships twice from Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS) to Japan as short-term visiting scholar for carrying out research on nonlinear wave modeling in 1997 and on modeling wave-growth due to wind in 2000. Visited T. I. T. in 2001 and 2003 for periods of three months.
Received scholarship for 6 months from the Kajima foundation of Japan for research on ocean wave modeling. Subsequently, Tokyo Institute of Technology supported the same project for 4 months.
Worked for 15 months as post-doctorate fellow at Technical University of Delft (The Netherlands) in Department of Civil Engineering for a project funded by the European Community-MAST (MArine Science and Technology) program.
Joined Turkish Coast Guard as engineer officer to complete the military service.
Carried out Ph.D. studies in hydrodynamics at University of Rhode Island (USA). Title of the doctoral dissertation: Attenuation of heave and pitch motions of floating bodies by means of an active mechanism.
Worked as teaching and research assistant at Istanbul Tech. Univ. in Dept. of Naval Arch.